Friday, September 25, 2009

Look For Me (I'll Be Around)

There might be a lucky streak in my future. I recently found out that I am officially going to New York City on November 3rd to meet with some people and try to obtain an internship. Let's say that this works out. Let's say that I get one, and that I am miraculously able to find a job there and not go broke. November 3rd thru the 6th could change my whole life. It's a long shot but I have to take it.

I remember one morning after football I was riding in the back of my brother's truck with Amber Hermann and I decided that I wanted to do something big with photography. I remember saying "there are people doing my dream job, so who says I can't be one of them?"
Truth is, at the time, I didn't really believe that I would ever make it. It was just an idea that I didn't act upon. BUT I went back to school and found out that it was doable.
Here are the responses to my informing people that I planned on moving to New York:
  • "pffft"
  • "ha, right"
  • "I don't think so"
Well, I'm going. How does that make you feel?

Always remember, when people say you won't be able to do something, do it and make them look like an idiot. That feels pretty awesome.

And you know what? When things seem like crap it's always better to make goals that will result in awesome things instead of being lame. And when you start doing awesome things all the crappy stuff kinda goes away.

1 comment:

laura said...

I got the same kinds of responses when I told people I planned to move to New York and find a job in the music industry (especially when they found out I was moving there without any actual job leads). My theory is that people like that either wish they could do it too, or are too afraid to try anything that new and scary. You'll do great! Can't wait to see you.