Monday, October 6, 2008

I wrote a lame poem once...

I found this poem that I wrote while I was taking classes at a community college when I was a senior in High School. It isn't really great but I just found it and thought I would put it on here. The assignment was to write a stanza (hey that's the name of my car) and whatever ended up being the last word of each line would be the last word in each line for the other stanzas, just in a different order. I don't know if that makes sense but you'll figure it out when you read it. Oh and don't make fun of me if you think its stupid or really awful.

Take, For Example


Take, for example

The way in which you,

With all your identity

Stole away cordial thoughts

Of my mind.

And without caring.


I try to stop caring

And follow the example

Of what they put into my mind

As sanity, to eradicate you

From the constant thoughts

And recreate a new identity.


If I take on an identity

Without caring

I'd be free to plainer thoughts

While living, too, as an example

To help cleanse them of you.

But they're wrong in my mind.


The wasting away of minds

And time on your identity

Was all the fault of you.

Was I wrong to be so caring?

Good followed by bad example

And negative, abhorrent thoughts.


The decay of thoughts

That tear away at minds

Of those who aren't examples

Of stronger identities

I have too much caring

About the idea of you.


So now I lie, with you

Plaguing my thoughts

With a wealth of caring.

Unable to rid you from my mind

Your haunting identity

Mocks me, for example.


I forget you from my thoughts for now

You return recurrently to my mind.

Your identity,
I don't care,
I'll think of you once more.

No comments: